Long and dark winter months can kill your mood and make you feel lifeless and lethargic. But there’s no reason the winter has to be a dull and sad time. Here’s our top five ways to beat those winter blues and add some cheer and joy to your home this winter:
- Bright Vases-Bright vases with colorful flowers offer the perfect antidote to a cold and colorless winter landscape. Fill your vase with sunflowers, poppies or other big blooms and spread various vases throughout the house. Guests will love the visual spectacle and fragrance of a flowery display.
- Pretty Paint-Nothing blasts the winter blahs faster than a mega dose of color. Try sunny shades like lemon, tangerine and even bright purple. Afraid to paint an entire accent wall? Try painting the fireplace in a zesty or bold shade.
- Scented Candles-A home bursting with sniffs of cinnamon, gingerbread and sugared donut will chase away winter moodiness. Try lighting candles in the bedroom, bathrooms and living areas.
- Inspiring Wall Art-Wall art with uplifting quotes or sayings will keep your home feeling like a haven. Delete those feelings of depression by hanging bright and exciting wall art that will be a conversation piece in any room.
- Ruff It Out-If all else fails, fill your home with new energy by adopting a pet. These furry friends reduce rates of anxiety, motivate owners to exercise and add lots of love and exuberance to a home. Goodbye dreary, hello cheery!